Every blogger wishes that the blog they own should get as much as organic search traffic along with social traffic so they can monetize it. And why not, the amount of time a blogger dedicates in the whole blogging process, it deserves gratification.
SEO plugins for WordPress
Google appreciates frequency of the content published & to be specific, unique content. But having an active publishing frequency is just not enough. One has to take SEO (Search Engine Optimization) into consideration & make every page/blog post on the blog search engine ready. If your blog is hosted on a self hosted WordPress platform then there are many SEO plugins available but I personally don't like to install each & every plugin and hence the ones which I trust & have installed on my WordPress blog are as follows:
Yoast improves your SEO on all needed aspects. While this Yoast SEO plugin goes the extra mile to take care of all the technical optimization, it first and foremost helps you write better content. Yoast SEO forces you to choose a focus keyword when you're writing your articles, and then makes sure you use that focus keyword everywhere.
All in One SEO Pack optimizes your WordPress blog for SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- XML Sitemap support - submit your sitemap to Google and Bing and improve your SEO
- Google Analytics support
- Support for SEO on Custom Post Types
- Advanced Canonical URLs
- Automatically notifies search engines like Google and Bing about changes to your site
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- ONLY free plugin to provide SEO Integration for e-Commerce sites, including WooCommerce
- Nonce Security built into All in One SEO Pack
- Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
- Automatically optimizes your titles for Google and other search engines
- Generates META tags automatically
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- For beginners, you don't even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
- For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything to optimize your SEO
- You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
- Compatibility with many other plugins
- Translated into 57 languages
Every WordPress blogger should install either of one. I personally have installed All in One SEO Pack & am happy with my decision.
Broken Link Checker will monitor your blog for broken links and let you know if any are found.
- Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields (optional)
- Detects links that don't work, missing images and redirects
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional)
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional)
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin's page, without manually updating each post
- Highly configurable
SEO Friendly Images is a WordPress SEO plugin which automatically updates all images with proper ALT and TITLE attributes for SEO purposes. If your images do not have ALT and TITLE already set, SEO Friendly Images will add them according the options you set. Additionally this makes the post W3C/xHTML valid as well.
ALT attribute is important part of search engine optimization. It describes your images to search engine and when a user searches for a certain image this is a key determining factor for a match.
TITLE attribute play lesser role but is important for visitors as this text will automatically appear in the tool-tip when mouse is over the image.
As a blogger you invest your sweet time in narrowing down a topic, compose, format, publish & promote which is very important. But before hitting that publish button, do invest few mins of your time to thoroughly optimize your post. I know you won't mind it :)