Social sharing has become an integral part of our lives. And why not! Its the trend. Or wait, its a necessity these days. I am a heavy user of Twitter & Facebook. I use these platforms extensively for my personal profiles & also to manage my client's profiles. When it comes to social sharing/scheduling, I use Buffer.
What is Buffer?
Buffer is a social media tool that allows users to create schedules for their social media posts and analyze their performance. I have been using Buffer regularly since 2015.
As far as social sharing/scheduling is concern, one question "What is the best time to post a tweet on Twitter or post an update on Facebook?" always used to bother me. But not any more. Thanks to Buffer's Optimal Timing Tool which discovers the best times to share content on social media.
Buffer looks at the past 5,000 interactions (e.g. likes, favorites, clicks, etc.) you've had on the profile you're optimizing as well as similar profiles in the same timezone. Then it plots these according to your timezone in a 24 hour period, to see when most interactions have happened.
Setting the schedule to optimal timing is easy. This is how you can set it up:
- Login to your Buffer account
- Select the profile for which you desire to optimize the schedule
- Under Schedule, click on "Want Buffer to optimize your schedule? Try our Optimal Timing Tool"
- Select the profile & number of times you wish to post & click "Calculate times"
- The result will show the graph of engagement & optimal time
- All you have to do is click on "Replace Existing Schedule"
Buffer offers free & paid plans to cater every individual & agency.
For me Buffer has helped a lot in saving my scheduling time. Feel free to tryout Buffer & save your time. If you are already using Buffer then feel free to share your experience with me.