Heard about Klout? Klout is a website and mobile app that uses social media analytics to rank its users according to online social influence via "Klout Score", which is a numerical value between 1 and 100. More your score, the more influential you are. In determining the user score, Klout measures the size of a user's social media network and correlates the content created to measure how other users interact with that content. It uses social networks like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Blogger, Flickr, Foursquare, Google+, Last.fm, Pinterest, Tumblr, WordPress.com, Yammer & YouTube data to measure the influence score.
If you are a blogger or active on any social media platforms specially Twitter & Facebook, then you would have noticed many at times people do ask "What's your Klout score?" In simple ways, it means "How influential are you? or What is your influence score?". Here's my Klout score. I have linked my Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Linkedin profiles. If you have not registered on Klout or are keen to know your score, do register to find out.
If you are already on Klout then you would be keeping an eye on your score. Right? There are simple ways which can help you increase your Klout score. Here are some of the ways:
- Post content which is worth sharing.
- Share content as per your niche/ profession too.
- Don't just post text. Post images, GIFs, videos too.
- Be active on social networks which you can relate to or the ones which your profession demands.
- Whenever & wherever possible, make sure you share other people's content, like, retweet, comment on their updates.
- Keep interacting with people.
- Don't hesitate to engage with them by starting a topic to interact with them.
- Ask & answer questions.
- Participate in chats.
- Don't forget to interact with influencers.
More the people you will interact with on a daily basis, it will help a lot in building a rapport with other people on that respective social network. Klout score won't increase drastically. It improves slowly & steadily so keep a track on its progress.
I have seen a decent amount of progress in my Klout socre & am happy the way it is sometimes steady. Have you checked your Klout score?