Those who are on Twitter for quite a long time are aware of the fact that it is a widely explored platform & is considered to be the most interactive, fast paced & effective medium when it comes to connecting with the audience & promoting services.
Many use Twitter for different prospects. Some use it for staying in touch with others. Some use it to stay informed about the latest happenings around the globe & brands use it to connect with their audience. In short, Twitter can be leveraged to the fullest as per our objectives. I have noticed that there are some important features which are still being under-used. Those 3 most under-used Twitter features are:
- Pin a tweet to your profile page
Its one of the best hack you can implement in boosting your Twitter strategy. When people visit your Twitter profile, they look at your profile photo, bio, header photo & few latest tweets posted by you. And if they find an interesting tweet in that lot then they would probably be engaging with that tweet either by retweeting, liking or would click on the link posted in that tweet. So make sure you pin an interesting tweet to catch attention. Here are few simple steps on how you can pin a tweet.
- Go to your Twitter profile (From web or from the installed Twitter app).
- Choose the tweet you would like to pin.
- Click on the three dots below your tweet. Select “Pin to your profile page”.
Read my previous post on How to pin a tweet & why you should do it.
- Twitter lists
If you follow too many people or you are looking forward to cope with the interactions with the people you know and don’t wish to miss any updates from them, then Twitter lists can be very useful. Users can create upto 1,000 lists & it can include upto 5,000 accounts per list. I personally rely on lists. You can create your own Twitter lists as per your preferable topics, such as:
- You meet a lot of people offline? Make a dedicated list for it and include all those people you have met from Twitter in that list (I do follow this religiously).
- Those follow way too many people on Twitter, creating a dedicated list of those people who interact with you is the best option (I do follow this religiously).
- You attend many events, conferences? Create a special list for the people who attend such events.
- On Twitter there are many hashtags related to weekly chats, events where in people within the community come together & interact. A list dedicated to such communities can be very useful.
- You are a brand? Create a list which will include your customers, target audience.
- You are generous enough to recommend other people to your followers to follow them? Having a dedicated list for this category can do wonders.
- Have a unique list of influencers so you can interact with them frequently to get yourself noticed.
- Why to avoid competitors? Include your competitors in a list to keep a track of their updates.
- Need to keep a track of your favorite celebrities? Have a dedicated list for it.
- There are lots of rotation curation handles these days. Have a dedicated list for rotation curation accounts so as you will get the updates from new curators every week and it will be a great option to connect with them (I do follow this religiously).
Read my previous posts on Twitter lists:
- This is how you can manage Twitter lists via IFTTT
- These 3 IFTTT recipes will help you manage your Twitter lists seamlessly
- Twitter Collections
I personally use collections to bring all my best tweets under one hub which acts like my tweets archive. As defined by Twitter, Collection is an editable group of tweets hand-selected by a Twitter user or programmatically managed via collection APIs. Each collection is public and has its own page on twitter.com, making it easy to share and embed in your website and apps.
Thanks to TweetDeck, as creating collections on Twitter is not tough at all. All you have to do is follow some steps:
- You’ll need to head over to TweetDeck.
- After you login to your Twitter account via TweetDeck, you will see "+" icon on the left side which says "Add column".
- Select "Collections" & a new column will be created on TweetDeck.
- Add name & description to your collection & you are done.
- You can start populating your collection by adding your tweets either by dragging the tweets on to the collection column or copy-paste the tweet url into "Enter Tweet url" space at the bottom of your collection column.
- You can also embed the collection, view on Twitter or even post a tweet about your collection & pin that tweet to your profile.
These features can be leveraged in a maximum way to enhance your Twitter experience. If you happen to use all of these features or any of these, do give me your feedback.